Ireland: 101 Behaviour Transformers
This online summer course is twenty hours in duration spread out over five modules and covers a range of topics. It is fully accredited by the Department of Education.
The course aims to:
- Set out the suite of general characteristics & dispositions, skills & practices, possessed of and deployed by the most effective behaviour management teachers on a daily basis
- Equip all participants with the knowledge, understandings, skills and tips with which to achieve better behaviours for learning
- Optimally configure and set out the learning environment i.e. displays / rotas / movement plans etc
- Devise and implement appropriate reward systems
- Familiarise teachers with the details and workings of the Problem Solving Model for behaviour intervention
- Describe and illustrate a range of effective behaviour intervention practices
- Set out the principles that support effective communication
- Deliver relationship building and relationship maintenance techniques.
NSW, Australia: Social, Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties 101
This course is a short and powerful two hour presentation that will equip teachers in New South Wales, Australia with the theory and process to achieve success when it comes to social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. The course is split into two sessions.
This session aims to:
- Define the four primary emotion that underpins behaviour.
- Discuss how behaviour can be viewed through these emotions.
- Explore the importance of discovering the underlying emotion behind behaviour.
- Equip teachers with strategies to use according to each emotion.
This session aims to:
- Layout the seven-step problem solving model.
- Explain each step and the theory behind it.
- Empower teachers to create their own strategies and interventions suited to the specific child they are supporting.
This course includes a 7-page booklet to utilise in meetings to guide teachers and the wider team through the problem-solving model.
Completing Social, Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties 101: Taking a Problem-Solving Approach will contribute 2.0 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 6.2.2, from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Like what you read?
Every Monday I send a short and free email with one strategy for behaviour, one for inclusion and one small thought, feel free to sign up here.